Dear HB North Stake Members,
We encourage you, your family, and friends to participate in one of our stake’s seven Community Service Day projects this Saturday, April 25, from 9am to noon, even if you have not previously signed up.
Service project descriptions, volunteer instructions and locations are listed below.
Please email your photos, videos and stories to email@example.com.
We hope to see you on Saturday.
President Clay Johnson
President Greg Anderson
President Gary Smith
SERVICE PROJECT INFORMATION
If you are undecided on a service project, information and sign-in sheets will be at the information table on the lawn east of the HB Central Library. There will also be an optional opening ceremony with city leaders and media representatives from 8 to 8:30am at this location.
1) ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND / McFadden Ward: Repair wooden forts, move sand in rafting pond (currently dry), cut back bushes & vines, weed, and beautify the playground. Park in the lot east of HB Central Library. Bring hat, gloves, sunscreen, and (optionally) a shovel, hammer, saw, or weeding tool.
2) BLAKEY HISTORICAL PARK AND M– USEUM / Westminster and Bolsa Chica Wards: Paint the ‘Shutter Shack’; clean historical vehicles, farm implement exhibits, museum and historical building interiors; and weed. Located at 8612 Westminster Boulevard, east of Newland Avenue.
3) GOLDEN VIEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FARM / Beach Ward: Fill rabbit holes, spread wood chips, plant trees, move woodpile, add chicken wire to fences, etc. Bring hats, gloves and sunscreen. Located at 17251 Golden View Lane, northwest of Slater and Goldenwest.
4) GIBBS ‘BUTTERFLY’ PARK / Huntington Beach Ward: Paint benches and tables, weed, wash educational tiles area, and generally beautify the park. Bring hats, gloves, sunscreen, and (optionally) weeding tools. Park behind the LDS Chapel at 5402 Heil Avenue, west of Graham Street.
5) HB URBAN FOREST / Huntington Beach and Ocean View Wards: Spreading wood chips, planting, weeding and watering. Bring hats, gloves, and sunscreen. Located on Ellis Avenue, between Goldenwest and Talbert.
6) MURDY PARK / Ocean View Ward: Paint picnic tables and benches after removing staples. Bring hats, gloves, sunscreen and (optionally) a paint brush or tool to remove staples. 7111 Norma Street, northeast of Goldenwest and Warner.
7) BOLSA CHICA (WETLANDS) CONSERVANCY / Goldenwest Ward: Remove non-native plants and trash in conjunction with Earth Week. Suitable for ages six and up. Wear close-toed shoes and layered clothing. Bring water and sunscreen. Gloves and trash bags will be provided. Park across the street from the interpretive center building at 3842 Warner Avenue, near PCH.